Re: Oracle Server Lock-ups

From: DP <dposey_at_mw-inc.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 18:01:17 -0700

> DP wrote:
>
> > <snip>
> > I'm sure the setting that is missing is: LOG_ARCHIVE_START = TRUE
> > But I'm going to research the who Archive log thing before assuming
> > that this is the only thing.
> >
> > DP
>
> Are you in archive log mode but not archiving the logs? That would cause
the DB to wait until they are arvhived
> before anything else happens.
> Eric.

Apparently. I did not turn on archive log mode but I guess someone else did. I am not a DBA but I was helping a guy who is training to be a DBA troubleshoot his problems since they were affecting my program. The real DBA is on maternity leave.

DP Received on Mon Mar 24 2003 - 19:01:17 CST