Re: Help!!! Urgent Query on size limit of Number type field

From: Henk Hultink <hhu_at_stopspam.stoas.nl>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 17:11:03 +0100

Hi,

Don''t know what version of Oracle you use, anyway, what you describe shouldn't be a problem.
Oracle 7 already accepts values with a precision of 38. And in fact, number(18,3) means 18 digits of which 3 decimals, so even 15 integers and three decimals should be possible.
But how do you insert? Isn't the problem maybe in your application? Do you get error messages when values are refused?

regards,

Henk Hultink

--
H. Hultink