Re: OCP Natural Join Question

From: Jusung Yang <JusungYang_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 24 Mar 2003 00:13:16 -0800

JusungYang_at_yahoo.com (Jusung Yang) wrote in message news:<130ba93a.0303231850.661f16c7_at_posting.google.com>...
> It would seem that in this question, the "natural join" is treated as
> a category - as opposed to the "NATURAL JOIN" clause. ORACLE puts the
> simple "JOIN" in the category of natural join - refer to Metalink
> Note:137286.1.

Not sure if I have misinterpreted the Metalink note. It says

"If several columns have the same names but all of the datatypes do not match,
then the NATURAL JOIN can be modified to a join with a USING clause which
specifies which columns should be used for the equi-join."

This is discussed in the "NATURAL JOIN" section. But it may not necesarily mean that ORACLE is putting simple "JOIN" in the same category as "NATURAL JOIN". A simple "JOIN" is the same as "INNER JOIN". A "NATURAL JOIN" is an "INNER JOIN". But an "INNER JOIN" may not be a "NATURAL JOIN". Maybe the OCP question IS in error.