Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1 Patch to 9.2.0.2

From: dias <ydias_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 23 Mar 2003 09:05:41 -0800

Hi,

The steps Khalid will do are:

- install 9.2.0.1
- install 9.2.0.2 patchset
- create database

The database created will have the 9.2.0.2 version. For me, there is no need to run the catpatch.sql script.

The readme doc says:

"To complete the installation of this patch set, you need to start up each database associated with the upgraded $ORACLE_HOME, start the database listener (e.g., lsnrctl start), login using SQL*Plus (e.g., sqlplus "/ as sysdba"), and run the following commands/scripts in order from $ORACLE_HOME within a MIGRATE session. If you are using the OLAP option, make sure that the database listener is up."

He have to run catpatch.sql if there is 9.2.0.1 dbs associated with the upgraded $ORACLE_HOME. The new dbs are not in this case.

Thanks