Re: RO tablespaces, LMT and drop table.

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 2003 00:19:52 +0200

Thanks Howard,

> Just wait and SMON should eventually get round to it.

Yep, when I waited for some minutes, the cleanup was done automatically (was it 5 minutes for SMON?)

> From memory, I think I've done an alter tablespace blah coalesce just to
get
> the thing happening sooner (though LMTs don't need coalescing, of course).

Coalescing didn't work. I also tried the old trick to alter table allocate extent on another table in the same tablespace to wake up SMON for coalescing temp segs, but it didn't work. Then I used that event and temp segs were released.

> And a shutdown and startup will most definitely cause the thing to be
> cleared, too (but is a tad drastic!!).

I discovered this issue when instructing a DBA course, I restarted the server more in an hour than some people in a year ;)

Tanel. Received on Sat Mar 22 2003 - 16:19:52 CST