ORA-02231 error on ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE

From: Bob Aitchison <raitchison_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2003 13:31:27 -0500

I'm trying to set the database time zone for an Oracle 9.2 database running under windows using the format:

ALTER DATABASE SET TIME_ZONE= '+00:00'; and I am continually getting error ORA-02231 missing or invalid option to alter database. I've tried other permutations (e.g., TIME_ZONE = 'GMT') with the same result and have been logged in as SYSDBA.

Does anyone know what is causing this?

Bob Aitchison Received on Sat Mar 22 2003 - 12:31:27 CST