Re: Using Dataguard for a cut down reporting database

From: Tanel Poder <tanel_at_@peldik.com>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 22:03:31 +0200

Hi!

If you have those tables you need in standby, in separate tablespace, you could alter the datafiles of unneeded tables offline in standby. They don't have to exist physically, no recovery is done on them in standby.

In addition to your data tablespace files, you have to have SYSTEM and ROLLBACK online as well, also TEMP might be needed, since you are doing reporting, thus possibly on-disk sorting.

Oracle Streams is a nice utility as well, I've almost got it to work :)

Tanel.