Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1 install on Debian 3.0

From: Robert Weiss <roweiss_at_web.de>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:25:41 +0100

Hi Christos

> - Environment variable NLS_LANG is set to
> AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8ISO8859P1
I would not set any variable with *LANG* in it. "unset" it.

> Questions:
> - Can it be the glibc version? Or the libdl? Which glibc are u using?
> - Are there any conflicts between glibc, libc6, libc6-dev etc.? Would
> you please give me the versions you use?

I'm using standard Debian (Stable/Woody with kernel 2.4.20) glibc, libc6 and libdl are all version 2.2.5-11.2 and there have been and are no conflicts.

Sometimes a complete fresh Debian/Oracle-Installation helps.

Another idea: I had problems on Windows with this dbca-java-startup-script. I took out or placed the "-native" switch and the error was gone. Try this with your new java version.

--
Mfg, Robert
PGP <https://roweiss.dynxs.de/pgp/robert.asc>