Re: start password protected listener using command file

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 17:05:29 +0100

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:33:47 GMT, Kalle <kminerva_at_jippii.fi> wrote:

>Hi all,
>
>is there any way how to start password protected listener from certain
>.bat file.
>
>I am using Windows NT and I don't know how to pass a password to lsnrctl
>-utility.
>
>All tips are welcome...
>
>Rgds,
>
>Kalle

Just issue a set password command in your script. If the password in your listener.ora is unencrypted
set password <yourpassword>
should get you in.
Otherwise you need to be prompted by the set password command. This may not work in a .bat file

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri Mar 21 2003 - 10:05:29 CST