Automatic Undo Management - 9.2.0.1.0

From: chrisv <chris_at_corp.home.nl>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 12:49:42 +0100

Hi,

Can anyone point me to some decent doco regarding SYSTEM allocation_type for undo tablespaces in 9.2.0, ie. what is going on in the background, how does the whole thing hang together, is it an impenetrable black-box?

Also, because we'll be moving towards 9.2.0 in the near future, are there any known 'gotchas' with enabling automatic undo management. have there been any improvements since 9.1? The only thing worthy of mention that I'd found on this topic was a post by Connor (on ask Tom, I think) mentioning that there were issues associated with allocating undo segments over and above the default 10 on busy systems and that oracle seems to be a bit brutal when aging out undo older than the undo_retention parameter requires. Is anyone aware of any other issues / improvements?

Thanks in advance

chris. Received on Fri Mar 21 2003 - 05:49:42 CST