Re: TABLES: Storage parameters

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 10:51:14 -0000

You have been perfectly clear.

INITIAL EXTENT (and indeed NEXT and PCTINCREASE) are set by the developer/dba at object creation time. If they are not specified then Oracle will use the default settings which attach to the tablespace.

There is as of 8i one very important exception to this, locally managed tablespaces override the object level settings with the tablespace level ones. This is highly desirable as it means you get pretty much absolute control over space allocation.

HTH

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA