ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: chuaby <chuaby_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 21:59:49 -0800

Hi

in the past, i can logon to my database using SQL Worksheet and the connection is very stable from Morning even till the next day. The ODBC DB connection is via a VPN connection to my corporate office in Paris.

but recently, "communication" is often dropped and i have to re-login very time. I thought it might be due to internet connection that is not stable. But the PC anywhere session to a machine in Paris does not have this problem. So, it might not be due to Internet connection.

Moreover when i open SQL Worksheet in a machine in Paris, there is no such problem.

May i know how can i determine the cause of the problem ? or could a router automatically drop a session if it detects that there is no activity for the session ?

Error : ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel

Thanks
Boon Yiang Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 23:59:49 CST