Re: What IDE to use for PROC under Linux ?

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_hotpop.com>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 15:58:11 -0600

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, no_at_sp.am wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Under Windows, I used visual studio for developping PRO*C
> progs.
>
> What IDE can I use under Linux ?

Emacs has solid C coding support and solid SQL support. The missing piece is that Pro*C involves both of these. That is where mmm-mode comes. It allows to have a major mode with multiple minor modes. The major mode would be c-mode the minor mode would be sql-mode.

If you are interested, I can post some initialization files so this is set up directly by opening a pro*c file.

I used the same philosophy so I could edit XSQL pages. The major mode was xml-mode and the minor mode was sql-mode.

--
Galen Boyer