killing a 'killed' session

From: Tom <tomNOSPAM_at_teameazyriders.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:59:13 GMT

Solaris 7
Oracle 8.1.5

Hi group

we have an annoying problem with one of our applications in that every 5 to 10 days or so the JVM will lock up and have to be killed and restarted. This causes the oracle connections from the app to just hang around as inactive. I have gone through and killed them but they seem to just stay in v$session and never get cleaned up.

My questions are what can i do to remove these killed sessions short of bouncing the database and even though they are killed are they taking up any resources?

thanks

Tom Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 15:59:13 CST