Re: Configuring Oralce Enterprise Manager

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2003 06:58:54 +1100

"Dwayne" <trifaceted_at_aol.com> wrote in message news:b51abadc.0303201122.7f8af287_at_posting.google.com...
> > "unable to connect to management server. please verify that you have
> entered the correct hostname and the status of the oracle management
> server"
>
> I clicked on the help and it said that default logon is
> sysman/oem_temp so I use that as the login and again put host as
> roocoomtan and I get the same vtk-1000 message
>
> my computer name is roocoomtan and I enter roocoomtan as the server
> but it keeps giving me the same message. what can I do to get oem to
> acknowledge my system as the host that oracle is running on. thank you
> for your time."

Try to read the documentation first of all. There you will discover that you need to run the Enterprise Manager Configuration Assistant to create a Management Server. It's this that you then log on to, not an Oracle database.

The EMCA will create the Management Server service for you. That service needs to store information in another Oracle database (apart from the one you already have running on your box). Therefore, if you let it, the EMCA will also invoke the Database Configuration Assistant so that a brand new database (which I always call OEMREP, since it does nothing else but act as the repository of information for the Enterprise Manager management server) can be created.

Once that database is created, then the Management Server service is created. Once you start that, you'll be able to log on as SYSMAN/oem_temp.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 13:58:54 CST