Re: Connecting VB6 and Oracle 8i in the same machine.

From: Phillip Kim <pbkkskim_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:37:11 -0500

Try if you can start Oracle8i alone.
If you have the same problem, then you have to reinstall it. In my experience, listener starts automatically in Windows2000 server. If you can start Oracle8i, then try to connect to Oracle using ODBC test.(you can find in control panel)
If ODBC connection is succeed, then you know all the environments are set-up properly.
When all the above procedures are completed, try Adodb. It will work.

Phillip Kim