Next extent size - Locally managed tablespace

From: Rogbaker <Rogbaker_at_gdi.net>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 07:32:07 -0800

Oracle 8.1.7 on windows 2000:
Tables that I create in a tablespace that is defined as "Locally Managed Extent Management" and has "Automatic Allocation" have a NEXT extent size set to 0 (zero) no matter what I try to set it to. What does this '0' mean exactly, is this bad? Should I be using Dictionary managed extent management?
THanks,
Roger Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 09:32:07 CST