ON LOGON

From: Michel D <si_at_jes.fr>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 13:45:33 +0100

Hi !

I work on ORACLE 8.1.7 on WINDOWS NT/2000. I want to use the ON LOGON trigger to copy exe files from the server to fat clients using BFILE fields in order to update new client program releases from the server without having to visit each clients (there may be thousands of machines). My idea is, when a session is created by a client program, to use this trigger to compare current version of the program against last release on the server, and if the server version is more recent, to copy the latest exe to the client.
The problem is that the ON LOGON trigger is executing on the server side, so I cannot access to client files tree structure.

Do you have an idea on what technique I could use to achive my goal ?

Thanks for hints.
Michel. Received on Thu Mar 20 2003 - 06:45:33 CST