Re: Oracle 9.2.0.1 install on Debian 3.0

From: Christos Stieglitz <christos_at_gnosys.de>
Date: 20 Mar 2003 02:37:25 -0800

Robert,

thanks for your hints. But i get the same error (ORA-03113)

I even changed the dbca script. Now i have the original dbca version, which uses
Java 1.1.3 / Java 1.1.8 packaged with oracle. This dbca crashes with SIGSEGV
immediately after start.
I edited dbca and replaced jre1.1.3 with the latest jre1.4. Now dbca comes
up to 46% processing and then crashes with the ORA-03113 (aka end of file in
comm. channel) error.

Alert log and the *trc files contain the same errors already mentioned in
this thread, so i don't include them here.

Questions:
- Can it be the glibc version? Or the libdl? Which glibc are u using? - Are there any conflicts between glibc, libc6, libc6-dev etc.? Would you please give me the versions you use?

Thank you

Christos Stieglitz