DK15789: How do a reclaim space after deleting table data in a datafile

From: DK15798 <kwall7904_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 18:17:03 -0800

I am running Oracle 7.3 server. I have three data files roughly around a gig each. I have 200 tables inside the datafiles (in no particular order). These tables are using around two gigs. I deleted all contents (not the tables themselves) of the tables (while leaving the actual empty tables there). When I view how much space is being used by the datafiles, it is still two gigs. I can't figure out why. I have deleted all the tables so that the datafiles report zero space used, but when I import the data back in (just the empty tables) it jumps back up to two gigs. note: I just delete all the tables(with a script) I have not yet dropped the tablespace(and I would rather not if possible). Can anybody help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you in advance. Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 20:17:03 CST