Re: Killed sessions lock some tables

From: Alex Filonov <afilonov_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 10:51:07 -0800

snapkad_at_post.cz (DavidS) wrote in message news:<bf5a3209.0303130407.6831d8a9_at_posting.google.com>...
> How can I definitely kill sessions marked as 'killed'?
> They lock some tables. Is it only way to restart database?
> I would like to awoid this, if it is not inevitable.
>
> Database is Oracle9i (specifically it is iasdb infrastructure DB from AS9i)
> running on Windows 2000 Server.
>
> Do I have to kill some windows processes? I cannot find any related
> in Task Manager.
> There is some OS Process ID in OEM at Sessions part but I presume
> it is not the same number as PID number in Task Manager at Processes tab
> in Win2k.
>
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanx
>
> David

Oracle boasted several times that the problem with killed sessions is resolved. It's a little bit better than it was in 7.3, but still is a problem. In short, you need to kill dedicated server processes of these sessions, it would clean them. How to do it under W2K is a separate question though...
Process ID in V$SESSIONS is a main process running the session. Dedicated server ID is in SPID column of V$PROCESS.

HTH Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 12:51:07 CST