using a cold backup taken from aproduction db to update the test db

From: Nat <natalia.poggi_at_spm.com.ar>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 09:24:49 -0800

I am new as an Oracle dba and I would like to know what are the steps involved in using a cold backup taken from a production db to update the test db.
I have all the control files, data files, etc. I need to know which files have to be changed in order to correct the path - or wathever needs to be changed - accordingly to the test database init.ora file

Thanks in advance

Nat Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 11:24:49 CST