Re: Using Dataguard for a cut down reporting database

From: koert54 <nospam_at_spam.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 16:19:47 +0100

You might want to look into Oracle streams - a new 9i feature ... If I remember correctly it's like Quest's shareplex in that it uses the online and offline redofiles to replicate data to another instance. The Oracle streams implementation uses the logminer API.

It looks pretty cool and I'm going to test it out on a couple test environments for reporting purposes.