Re: Killed sessions lock some tables

From: Telemachus <telemachus_at_ulysseswillreturn.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 12:59:38 -0000

Billy is right but a little OTT ...

The sessions will vanish when they are done rolling back or whatever. not before.

You might want to look at the work they have done ( look at the open rollback segment transactions ).

Restarting the database will not make the problem go away if that is what it is.

My advice to you is to learn the rollback segment information that will tell you why this is happening.