Re: CONTEXT index maintenance?

From: Tim Arnold <timkarnold_at_comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 07:34:54 -0200

What queries or indexing is hanging your application. Hang or Spin?

I found that a high-frequency term in combination with the minus operator would make the the query spin and take 90-100% CPU.

For example, if the search term were 'sister-in-law' and the query was not properly formulated, the query would spin. The optimizer is slightly confused because '-' is an operator not a join character (unless you so specify in your policy preference).

Solution: parse query so that 'sister-in-law' is enclosed in curly braces and considered a phrase
'{sister-in-law}' Also, you might want to add '-' as a print-join in your preferences.