XSQL and Java Servlets

From: Han <J.C.M.C.Vermolen_at_tue.nl>
Date: 19 Mar 2003 01:27:57 -0800

Hi,

I'm trying to create a site onto which you log on using a simple html page. This page asks the user for his/her usercode and password with which to login. I'm using JDBC to connect to my Oracle database. But the following problem has occured.

I don't want to use XSQLConfig.xml (or any other file for that matter) to get the connection information from. I simply want to connect using my java servlet and somehow pass on the connection information to the XSQL page. So it can simple use a line like: <FAQ xmlns:xsql="urn:oracle-xsql" connection="MyCon">

Now, I saw that there is an option to perform this task. I've read something about XSQLConnectionManager and XSQLConnectionManagerFactory. I just don't understand quite how to use them. In other words, how do I use these interfaces so I can set up a connection and use it in XSQL pages? Any actual code examples would be very much appreciated.

Regards,

Han Vermolen Received on Wed Mar 19 2003 - 03:27:57 CST