Re: sql parser for oracle 9i

From: skidmarks <aschwarz_at_acm.org>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 15:53:54 -0800

"Ira Baxter" <idbaxter_at_semdesigns.com> wrote in message news:<3e5aef2d_at_giga.realtime.net>...
> "christian kasper" <christian_at_kasper.ws> wrote in message
> > I have a application with thousands of sql statements in pl/sql
> > scripts, in triggers, in pro*c programs, in shell scripts ...
> >
> > My work in the project is to develop a scanner for
> > insert/update/select/delete statements to describe the r/w access per
> > procedure/trigger/function/script on tables/views. The output of the
> > scanner is a html file that describes the relationship between
> > procedure/trigger/function/script and r/w access on tables/views for
> > documentation purposes.
> >
> > My question is, do you know a parser, who give me the names of
> > tables/views in selects/insert/update/delete statements. The parser
> > must know the syntax from oracle 9i.

(this is a tagalong question - query in SQL)

I am trying to generate valid field C/C++ or Ada verification code for SQL field validation criteria. We have a need for bulk data input and an input data verifier. Given that we (also) are using Oracle 9i and have field validation criteria in the SQL, it would be nice to key off this to generate actual code. If nothing is available, then my concept is to use SQL BNF (Yacc compatible) and write my own code generator. (And I know this is not a weekend job unless the weekends are very, very long.)

Any ideas?

art Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 17:53:54 CST