Problem updating CLOB in Oracle 9i database

From: Wasim <ahmed_wasim_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 12:36:39 -0800

Hi,
I have a VB6 application that used OO4O to connect to oracle server. I am trying to update a CLOB field with four pages of text. The code to do is as follows

adoCommand.Parameters.Append
adoCommand.CreateParameter("@p_NARRATIVE", adLongVarChar, adParamInput, 1000000, IBR_CONFSUPP_NARRATIVE_Param)

        strUpdate = "update IBR_CONFSUPP set narrative = ? where CON_ID =" & var

        adoCommand.CommandText = strUpdate
        adoCommand.Execute

If I am connecting to Oracle 8.1.6 server (with Oracle 8.1.6 client on machine) it works fine. But when I try connecting to Oracle 9i Server (with Oracle 9i client) my program crashes. Any ideas?? Regards,
Wasim. Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 14:36:39 CST