Re: Catpatch.sql Problem

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2003 05:31:28 +1100

Let me put it this way, Pete.

My newsreader (which is temporarily Outlook Express once more, unfortunately) reports that the original post in this thread was 3K big. That "Pete's" post was 15K (because it included an init.ora, as [sort of]requested in the original post) and that Daniel's post (whose original content consisted of the word "Thanks") was 16K.

I wasn't "pissed off", or on a short fuse, or needing to get crap out of my system. I merely object to having to download 16K of post, scroll through dozens of lines of post, hoping for wisdom and enlightenment, and finding a one-word reply right at the bottom.

And normally, I would have said nothing much about it, but (a) Daniel has been told this before (b) on the same evening's read I noticed a post from him telling someone that it was bad Netiquette to criticise someone's spelling or grammar (c) also on the same evening's read he posted (twice) that it was bad Netiquette to post commercial messages to this newsgroup. And (d) he regularly posts that it is bad Netiquette to cross-post like crazy.

So just for once I thought I *would* say something about this particularly gratuitous example of woeful Netiquette on Daniel's own part.

If you read it as a flame, so be it. It was intended as a reasonably polite request for Daniel to get his own house in order before proposing to lecture others on the finer points of Netiquette.

Regards
HJR Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 12:31:28 CST