Re: Catpatch.sql Problem

From: Pete Sharman <peter.sharman_at_oracle.com>
Date: 18 Mar 2003 09:17:00 -0800

In article <oVCda.2860$dE2.7185_at_newsfeeds.bigpond.com>, "Howard says...

>Daniel: was it *really* necessary to include the entire bloody init.ora in
>order to add the one-liner 'Thanks' at the end?
>
>You do this a lot.
>
>I see elsewhere you've torn strips of people for posting commerical postings
>in this (and multiple other) groups. You've also told someone not to correct
>your spelling, because it isn't netiquette.
>
>Neither is this degree of quoting others' postings.
>
>Please stop it, and learn to trim
>
>Regards
>HJR

You know, I think it's fair to say that someone who posted here about the easiness of getting someone in this group p***ed off was correct (not that I'm saying that specifically because of your post Howard!) Since we can't get everyone in this newsgroup together to have a grand melee once a month or so, I'm going to suggest that each Friday afternoon at 5 pm, every member of the newsgroup that posts regularly (and even those who don't) stop work for 15 minutes, downtwo or three glasses of fine single malt whiskey, or for the Scottish among us, whisky (oh, and for Norman, a fine red wine) to flush the s**t off our livers. Then we'd all feel much better, and have less need to flame each other.

Waddya think? :)

HTH. Additions and corrections welcome.

Pete

SELECT standard_disclaimer, witty_remark FROM company_requirements; Received on Tue Mar 18 2003 - 11:17:00 CST