Oracle 9i R2 database (9.2.0.1) on a RedHat box

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman.Dunbar_at_lfs.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:36:53 -0000

Hi Pablo,

I know that Howard has had it running on Mandrake 9.0 and currently has it running on Red Hat 8.0.

I am currently installing on Mandrake 9.0 myself, but I've yet to actually build a database due to not having set my kernel parameters yet. That's tonight and/or tomorrow evbening's fun and games.

So, it will install on these other distros, but Oracle won't be helping you much if you cannot prove the fault occurs on the supported ones. It is also interesting to read what Oracle say they will support on supported distros as well - no fiddling allowed :o)

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar
Database/Unix administrator