Re: MTS - Multi-threaded server

From: Pablo Sanchez <pablo_at_dev.null>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 16:15:57 -0600

Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> wrote in news:MPG.18dfe6fb72fb72f49896ff_at_news.la.sbcglobal.net:

> For some hints about memory usage in MTS/non-MTS mode, you might want to
> have a look at the following AskTom page (url will probably wrap):
>
> http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1090762::NO::F4950_P8
> _DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:404110378143,
>
> You can find other related articles at http://asktom.oracle.com by
> searching for "mts memory" (without quotes).

I don't exactly recall so I'm sure someone will correct me, I thought transactions submitted via MTS were in effect, serialized. That is, if I were mux'ing 300 connections, at any given time, only one transaction may be running at a time.

My data may be wrong or dated so ... please bash me accordingly! :)

--
Pablo Sanchez, High-Performance Database Engineering
http://www.hpdbe.com