Re: What is PIPE NAMESPACE in v$librarycache view

From: Daniel Roy <danielroy10_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2003 13:40:01 -0800

A pipe is just a memory structure used for interprocess communication (for example, DBWR needs to tell LGWR that a checkpoint occurred, and that it should write the redo log changes to disk). I can't think of any way to tune this specifically. I'm sure everyone reading this post wonders what the heck makes you think that this is THE problem with your database performance! Before looking at such specifics, make sure to follow a structured approach to tuning your database (either with a course or with a book).

Daniel