Research Assistance

From: Matthew Catalano <catalan0_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 14:03:02 -0500

Hello,

My name is Matt and I am a junior at Lehigh University. I'm currently doing a study about database systems of all kinds and how they are used in real business situations. Of course this raises some privacy concerns in my attempt to attain such information, but I have been receiving a lot of useful info otherwise.

I have a webform setup and I would like to see if any IS/IT managers had a few minutes to fill it out. It basically asks summary technology / cost related questions about a company's database / network systems such as disk space used, types of servers used, etc. Most of those who have already filled it out have left blank the questions they do not feel like answering. Another option, is that you may fill it out and not include the company's name or your personal information. IP addresses are not collected and I will expunge all server logs.

In conclusion, I will post the address below and if anyone here would like to help contribute to my project then it would be appreciated. The site is hosted off of a Dell Laptop (IIS 5.0, WindowsXP Pro) so it may not be up 24/7 but I generally leave it on all the time.

http://dbproject.hopto.org

Thank you very much in advance for your time and consideration,

Matthew Catalano
Lehigh University
mpc2_lehigh.edu (@ removed to avoid spam bots) (610) 974-3113 Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 13:03:02 CST