ORA-3113: end-of-file on communication channel

From: David Burke <dtburke_at_software.rockwell.com>
Date: 17 Mar 2003 08:05:08 -0800

First off I am very new with Linux. Until this point we have run Oracle on NT Servers. We have recently started to adopt a Linux environment forour Oracle installations, because none of our customers run Oracle on the NT Platform. I am trying to run the Oracle 9i (9.2.0.1.0) Database Configuration Assistant on Red Hat Linux Advanced Server 2.1 and receive this error: ORA-3113: end-of-file on communication channel

Has anyone else seen this and overcome it?

Thank you in advance,
David Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 10:05:08 CST