CONTEXT index maintenance?

From: Giovanni Azua <bravegag_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 15:37:31 +0100

Hello all,

I extensively use Oracle Text within a CRM application for deduplication, the problem is that at some point the queries on the CONTEXT indexes completely hang the application.

I periodically synchronize the index:
ctx_ddl.sync_index('myindex', '2M')

and also have tried to fix the problem by optimizing/defragmenting them: begin
ctx_ddl.optimize_index('myindex', 'FULL'); end;
/

but the problem is still there, appear to have those CONTEXT indexes as the only ones without analyzing ... I also verified there is no REBUILD or ANALYZE index statement for CONTEXT indexes. My only solution seems to be roughly drop and recreate them, is that right?

Thanks in advace,
Best Regards,
Giovanni Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 08:37:31 CST