Re: DBA Studio : privileges

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_nospam.demon.nl>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 11:42:59 +0100

On Mon, 17 Mar 2003 10:20:41 +0100, "Patrick.Kergoat" <Patrick.Kergoat_at_wanadoo.fr> wrote:

>Hello
>When i connect under DBA studio with system/manager it is impossible to give
>rights (GRANT) to the another one users (insufficient privileges). Yet, as
>System account I have the DBA privileges. Where is the mistake?

1 Your first mistake is multiposting this question, potentially wasting peoples time.
2 Please read up on security in the Oracle Concepts manual and/or in the sql reference manual the GRANT object privileges chapter. By design, only the owner of the object can grant privileges, unless he has granted someone else privilege WITH ADMIN option. This behavior has been changed in 9.2, where SYS can do anything.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Mon Mar 17 2003 - 04:42:59 CST