send_message (timeout)

From: dbuckingham <member8912_at_dbforums.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 04:54:21 +0000

Can anyone explain to me how the "timeout" functionality in send message works?

I understand that it relates to how long the process is willing to wait to put the message in the pipe, but I would like to know what the consequences are of making the timeout smaller (e.g. 10sec or even 0secs) if the pipe is full. Will the message be purged or does go back into the que to be tried again?

I have tried unsuccessfully to find detailed info about this.

Thanks in advance.