Re: Multiple listener services on win2k

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 2003 20:47:08 -0800

Krzysztof Kryczka wrote:

> Platform: Windows 2000 Serv
> Oracle: 8.1.7.1.4
>
> I have machine with 4 NICs and 3 instances on it. I'm looking for
> possibility to setup at least 3 different listener services on 3 differend
> interfaces, each one with differend sid_list. Could someone send me a hint
> how to create 3 differend listener services/processes, each one with
> different listener.ora file. Also links for windows specific NET8
> documentation are welcomed.
> Thanks for all sugestions
>
> K.K.

The following is not intended to insult you but rather to give you my thoughts.

My general impression from reading this thread is that you know little or nothing about Oracle architecture and have invented these requirements off the top of your head.

I would suggest that you stop plotting, planning, and banging code long enough to read the architecture documents at http://tahiti.oracle.com

Daniel Morgan Received on Sun Mar 16 2003 - 22:47:08 CST