Re: Multiple listener services on win2k

From: Krzysztof Kryczka <k.kryczka_at_wp.pl>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 03:07:01 +0100

Reasons are:
1. Separation of access to instances. I dont want to allow users from different networks to have access to all instances. 2. Windows Plug and Pray behavior - if there is no link of interface Win2K makes interface down and after that listener which have address on that interface doesnt start untill you remove address from address_list 3. Management - if i want to cut out part of users it will be easier for me to stop specific listener followed by kill session rather than modify address_list in listener.ora, restart listener and kill sessions and rewrite all changes back

K.K.