Re: How to start a Stored Procedure directly from Unix shell skript ?

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: 15 Mar 2003 01:45:03 GMT

Following up on Pete Sharman, 15 Mar 2003:

> No problems. They actually already hated you anyway! ;)

Narh. Not those two, unless you encourage them: They love me! :D

> Actually, it has sunk in. It's one of the major points Development
> makes on virtually any RAC call I've heard.

Well, marketing should be pushing that side hard. It's not often that Oracle can claim that much of an advantage over DB2. It really is.

> has changed dramatically in recent months. Oracle doesn't certify
> hardware any more for RAC. If the combination of disk and OS and so on

Here, they should. And they probably should continue to do so. There is still a perception that Linux setup and hardware config is a bit of black magic. Certifications help.

> Nuno, you should be familiar with this already! Wasn't it you who
> mentioned having someone with 4 years of Forms 6 experience less than 2
> years after it came out (or something similar)?

An add asking for people with 3 years experience 2 months BEFORE the product was announced here, IIRC. Takes the cake from all the deranged head hunter drivel I've ever seen!

> bandwagon and claims to be an expert. How many of them really are?
> Probably less than 5% is my guess.

Well, that's the thing. What exactly is a RAC expert? Someone who can install Linux clustering? or Oracle 9.2? Or the CFS? I'm even hearing now that Linux is SO different from Unix that Unix experts MUST take the Linux certification in order to understand how to use the command line... :D What exactly is there in the setup that requires so much "expertise"?

> OCP? It's already included, at least as far as the OCM is concerned.
> The RAC training can count as your "advanced" class requirement. :)

Hehehe! Never fails!
Hey, you going to work with Barry Hiern and Marcel in Canberra?

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto