Re: IOUG-A

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 23:13:27 GMT

jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk said...

> I've finally managed to fit the IOUG-A event
> into my calendar - after only 10 years of
> deciding that I ought to go.
>
> Is it too early to start making noises about
> groupies (is that the right collective noun
> for newsgroup posters ?) getting together ?
>
> --
> Regards
>
> Jonathan Lewis
> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

Don't know about "groupies," but I've always liked the old DECUS term "birds of a feather" [who always flock together]. After the regular DECUS meetings, there'd always be a group of people who huddled around in a hotel room to discuss a particular, specific topic [though I often suspected it was just to get some of the free donuts].

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA