Re: purging old backupsets from recovery catalog

From: Tilwen <tilwenbr_at_netscape.net>
Date: 14 Mar 2003 05:18:58 -0800

Phillip <tienp_at_wholefoods.com> wrote in message news:<3E70F4A8.4FB7249F_at_wholefoods.com>...
> Anybody have a script handy to purge old backupsets from the recovery
> catalog? For example, it's not likely I'm going to be needing a
> backupset taken last year, so I want to purge that from rman. Thanks.

I have a couple of questions for you. What version are you using and are you backing up to tape or disk. I ask cause there a couple of bugs in rman backing up to tape, and trying to purge the recovery catalog. Let me know and I might be able to help you.

Mike Received on Fri Mar 14 2003 - 07:18:58 CST