Re: Review of Cache' post-relational database

From: Nuno Souto <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 13 Mar 2003 17:35:47 -0800

grist_at_attbi.com (Richard Deutsch) wrote in message news:<73f5fdfa.0303130818.6fdd9cab_at_posting.google.com>...

> http://www.developer.com/db/article.php/2107341

What a load of crud...

>You probably also find that you spend a lot of time writing
>code that performs a left outer join on a dozen tables just
>to get the information for the query.

If nothing else,this defines the moron that wrote this! What an idiot...

> I often find that the update SQL code is considerably worse
> that the select SQL.

Funny that! And here we are thinking exactly the opposite. Oh yes, we are not in the real world, they are...

> And somehow the so-called SQL standard is just not useful
> enough to handle the real world that was supposed to make
> it all worthwhile,

Here I am thinking that it's OODB's that haven't got a clue in terms of handling real world. I mean, with all those zillions of Tb currently stored in this type of DB... :)

> because to actually do real work, you are forced to either

Oh,this is gooooooood:

> A) use the vendor extensions and code a mound of triggers
> and stored procedures, or

And the problem here is? Oh yes: it's proprietary. E-e-e-e-vil. So, let's all do what Sun and IBM recommend, which happens to suit their products to a "T". Which BTW, are not proprietary technologies at all. Hellloooooooooo?????!!!!

> B) accept substandard performance from the database and
> embed all of the business logic in the application.

Oh dear! The morons have only spent the last 3 years telling us all it MUST be done this way and NOW they realize it's TERMINALLY STUPID to do it such? :D

When is someone gonna tell these idiots to STFU and let this industry get on with the job of handling a recession?

Cheers
Nuno Souto
wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam Received on Thu Mar 13 2003 - 19:35:47 CST