Delayed controlfile for a standby-database

From: Christian Hartmann <cha_at_christian-hartmann.de>
Date: 13 Mar 2003 08:35:45 -0800

Hi all,

I want to set up a standby-database using Oracle 8.1.7.4.

I've done a cold-backup of the necessary database-files (datafiles, init.ora, etc.).

Unfortunately I've forgotten to create a standby-controlfile before doing the cold-backup and restarted the primary database.

Then I created the standy-controlfile (alter database create standby controlfile as <filename). Unfortunately, there were some transactions on the primary database before I've created the standby-controlfile.

Is it still possible to mount the standby-database with this newer standby controlfile without any modifications?

If not, which modifications do I have to do?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Christian Hartmann Received on Thu Mar 13 2003 - 10:35:45 CST