Re: ORA-12500 TNS-12560 TNS-00530

From: Rogbaker <Rogbaker_at_gdi.net>
Date: 13 Mar 2003 06:58:13 -0800

Sorry for the confusion Sybrand. When I posted my previous question a few days earlier, I used a different ID that I thought I had long since forgotten. Today, I can't even remember the password for that thread.

I know the Truncate has nothing to do with it. Here was my original question, and the thread that you were responding to was a followup with more information:

I have a Oracle 8i database on a Windows 2000 server. I have 2 nightly processes that run, they are Windows Scheduled tasks that run batch files. The first one Truncates a table, and the second task uses SQL Loader to load data into the table from a text file. The schedule tasks and the batch files are on the same server as the database. About every other night, the SQL Loader task fails with the following error message:

SQL*Loader: Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production on Fri Mar 7 00:04:00 2003

(c) Copyright 2000 Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved.

SQL*Loader-704: Internal error: ulconnect: OCIServerAttach [0] ORA-12500: TNS:listener failed to start a dedicated server process

The Truncate process runs at midnight, and the SQL Loader process runs 4 minutes later. When I come in in the morning, and run the batch process myself, it has no problems loading the table.

Do I need to add another listener? I have done some research and I think this is sometimes related to resources. I have 2G memory on that machine, and at the time of morning that it runs, the database should have minimal activity.

I am wondering if I need to comment out the SQLNET.AUTHENTICATION_SERVICES=(NTS) Thanks,
Roger Baker