Re: Killed sessions lock some tables

From: Ganesh Raja <ganesh.raja_at_nospam.com>
Date: 13 Mar 2003 22:06:49 +0800

snapkad_at_post.cz (DavidS) wrote in

> How can I definitely kill sessions marked as 'killed'?
> They lock some tables. Is it only way to restart database?
> I would like to awoid this, if it is not inevitable.
>
> Database is Oracle9i (specifically it is iasdb infrastructure DB from
> AS9i) running on Windows 2000 Server.
>
> Do I have to kill some windows processes? I cannot find any related
> in Task Manager.
> There is some OS Process ID in OEM at Sessions part but I presume
> it is not the same number as PID number in Task Manager at Processes
> tab in Win2k.
>
> Any hint would be greatly appreciated
>
> Thanx
>
> David

The Session marked as Killed will be evenetually cleared by Oracle PMon when... The session may be busy rolling back the changes that it performed when it was active.

As regards avoiding this problem.. Check your Applicxation and see if the the developers have written code that locks objects unneccarily.

HTH

--
Best Regards,
Ganesh R