Moving data between Tru64 to Solaris

From: QT <qtockar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:26:53 +0200

Hi All

We have an Oracle 817 Database on Tru64. We need to move about a 1/2 a terrabyte of data to a Sun Solaris Server.We want to move all the old data first which is not being used then move the last 3 months when all the old data has been moved . We want to achieve this with the least amount of downtime therfore only having Downtime while the last 3 months of data is moved. Please advise on the best way to achieve this. Should we use EXP or Database Links. or move the datafiles? or any other Ideas?

TIA QT Received on Thu Mar 13 2003 - 02:26:53 CST