Re: How many ORACLE_HOME values are there supposed to be?

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr2000_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 19:44:01 +1100

On Wed, 12 Mar 2003 21:08:18 +0000, Karsten Farrell wrote:

> Oracle is no different than any other software vendor, I suppose.
> Documentation always seems to get pushed to the back of the development
> cycle.

It's a bit difficult to put it at the *front* of the development cycle!!

"Here: we're thinking of including some functionality in the next release, but we're not sure what it will be, nor how it will work. Start documenting it, would you?"

Hmmmm.

>A lot of times, changes are made to Oracle software that never
> make it into the doc set ... or the doc set uses an old name for a
> feature that has been given a new marketing-oriented name.

A bit harsh. Oracle is one the most extensively documented products I know. If bits and pieces get out of synch, I can forgive them that.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu Mar 13 2003 - 02:44:01 CST