Re: How to start a Stored Procedure directly from Unix shell skript ?

From: Alison Holloway <Xalison.holloway_at_oracle.comX>
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 14:22:04 +1100

SQL*Plus command line is *not* going to be desupported. It is absolutely essential to many customers, and other Oracle products. We are actively adding new features to SQL*Plus command line and fixing bugs, and will continue to do so.

The SQL*Plus Windows GUI (sqlplusw.exe) will eventually be desupported, and iSQL*Plus is intended to be its replacement.

Alison
(SQL*Plus Product Manager, Oracle Corporation)

Nuno Souto wrote:
<snip>

> With the demise of command line SQL+ in a near future version,
> this might actually be the only option left!!!
> How the heck are people gonna be able to include Unix scripts
> into their DB work remains to be seen... Oh well, I'm sure
> someone will "re-invent" SQL+ as a J2EE EJB, or some other crap!

<snip>